GRANDMASTER WILLIAM CHEUNG
William Cheung, born in October 1940 is a Chinese Wing Chun Kung Fu practitioner and holds the title of Grandmaster for his traditional lineage, he also leads the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association.
In 1951, at the age of ten, William Cheung started his training in Wing Chun Kung Fu under the late Yip Man. According to William Cheung, it was from 1954 to 1958 that he was a live-in student of Yip Man and inherited the complete system of Wing Chun Kung Fu.
William Cheung was also a close friend and senior training partner to Bruce Lee in the Wing Chun system and was responsible for personally introducing Bruce Lee to traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu in 1954.
Grandmaster - Further Achievements
- Bachelor of Economics from the Australian National University
- Invitational Guest Professor to the Foshan Sports University in China
- Senior Research Professor to Beijing Chinese Medical University in China
- Member of the Australian Chinese Traditional Orthopaedics Association Inc
- Certified Doctor under the Chinese Medicine Registration Board of Victoria